Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your week! This morning we are having our favorite breakfast casserole recipe. It’s super easy, and delicious. The great thing about it, is it’s totally customizable. Not a meat lover? Just add veggies! Vegan? Just use your favorite dairy alternatives. I think the best part is that this casserole tastes great reheated all week long, which saves me a lot of time in the mornings with the family!
- ▢2 pounds of either pork sausage, diced ham, diced turkey or crumbled bacon
- (If you’re not a meat lover, add your favorite veggies instead.)
- ▢12 eggs
- ▢1 cup sour cream (light or regular)
- ▢1/4 cup milk
- ▢salt and pepper
- ▢4 green onions (scallions)
- ▢1/2 green bell pepper , diced
- ▢1/2 red bell pepper , diced
- ▢2 cups shredded cheddar (or your favorite) cheese
- Adjust the veggies to your liking! Mushrooms and spinach are yummy in this casserole!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13’’ pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix on low speed with electric mixer, just until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage (ham, turkey or bacon) and cook until browned, breaking into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain most of the grease and add the sausage (ham, turkey or bacon) to the bowl with the egg mixture.
- Add the bell peppers, onion (and any other veggies of your choice) to the same skillet the sausage (ham, turkey or bacon) was cooked in and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes. Add to the bowl with the eggs and stir everything to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased 9×13’’ pan and bake for 35-50 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is just barely jiggly.
- Leftover egg casserole can be stored in the fridge and enjoyed within 3-4 days. Leftovers are delicious reheated!